The Center for Applied Linguistics volunteered to establish a Regional Linguapax Committee for Africa, and ensure that projects and programs for the promotion of African languages and cultural diversity are developed in all member countries of the Linguapax Afrika Network. The Coordination Committee comprises representatives of the five regions of Africa: North Africa, East Africa, West Africa, Central and South Africa.
The main projects developped in the framework of Linguapax Afrika include:
- Standardization programme of unwritten African languages
- Teaching in/of African languages in schools and adults non-formal learning.
- Program of satellite communication networks in African languages.
- Organization of African regional conferences.
- Participation in the promotion of a Development Fund of African languages in the context of the African Union in general and the African Academy of Languages (ACALAN) in particular.
For more information visit: https://www.linguapax.org/en/linguapax-delegations/linguapax-afrika/